Herbal Teas & Tisanes for Immune Support
BUT YOU DON'T LOOK SICK
No one with an autoimmune disease likes hearing those words. Or even worse, "you're too (smart, young, talented)" to waste your life being depressed. Just think positive!"
Unfortunately it's not that simple. Our modern diets leave our brains ravaged and desperate for nutrients as RoundUp destroys both the soil and our gut health.
"After finishing college, seemingly unrelated health issues began to crop up: anxiety, insomnia, swollen ankles, exhaustion, restless legs, acid reflux, acne, brittle hair, dry skin, cold hands and feet, lightheaded sensations when standing, joint pain, weight gain, digestive issues, headaches, mood swings and hypoglycemia. Friends and family jokingly called me a hypochondriac because I always had something wrong with me even though I “looked healthy.”
With all of these unrelated symptoms plaguing me constantly, I thought I was going crazy. I’d suddenly become the girl who always had all of these little ailments. It took time to realize that they all might be connected somehow.
After years of being “borderline” hypothyroid, (even though every single member of my family has a thyroid disorder) I saw an endocrinologist, who finally diagnosed me with Hashimoto’s disease, an autoimmune disorder in which the immune system attacks the thyroid gland causing hypothyroidism.
Before I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s, I never made the connection between what I ate and how I felt. I was used to being a skinny cross-country runner who could eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted."
I can totally relate. In High School I could eat anything I wanted. But as I got older I found that I need more nutrient dense foods.
A couple of great choices for nutrient support in your diet is Moringa and Matcha tea. These two powerhouse antioxidants can be combined with spirulina, reishi and much more! Check out these great recipes too!
Some of the benefits of Moringa:
- Research studies have confirmed that treatment with drumstick root extract, which possesses anti-inflammatory qualities, has been significantly effective in inhibiting the development of edema. Moreover, these studies suggest that the efficacy of this herb stands equal with the potent anti-inflammatory medicine indomethacin in the treatment of such painful conditions.
- The favorable effects of moringa seed oil for hair care have been appreciated since ancient times. It is highly beneficial in protecting the hair from environmental damage, including ultraviolet radiation. It serves as a valuable conditioner for the scalp, strengthens the roots, and stimulates hair growth too.
- Moringa possesses antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties and is effective against the growth of disease-causing microbes.
- Moringa extracts are beneficial for maintaining healthy bones, which is attributed to the presence of essential minerals like calcium and phosphorous. Its extracts possess anti-inflammatory properties and are effective in the treatment of painful conditions such as arthritis, while also helping to heal various bone ailments such as mandibular or jaw bone fracture.
- The ethanolic extracts of moringa leaf help in stimulating the immune system of the body. It also helps in enhancing the cellular immune response and exerts positive effects on various other immune system values such as total leucocyte count, antibodies, and hypersensitivity reaction.
Note: PLEASE consult with your doctor before making any changes to your diet or medications. The material on this site is provided for educational purposes only, and is not to be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.