Winter Blues? Snuggle Up with this Red Wine Hot Chocolate Recipe
Too much "peopling" this holiday season? We have the perfect remedy for that.
For those who struggle daily with energy (or lack thereof) need a lot of extra "spoons." In case you've never heard of Spoon Theory, here's the gist of it!
So, what kind of activity might be good for the soul this New Year's Eve weekend that doesn't involve flashing lights, loud noises and explosions?
Chocolate. Eating chocolate sounds like the perfect solution, don't you agree? But wait. What's better than chocolate?
Wine and Chocolate are the perfect duo for relaxing and snuggling up with a good book, your cat, your dog or your mate. Or heck, all of the above!
So, what are you going to put in your mug when the winter blues hit?
So follow me and let's check out Imma Eat That's recipe for red wine hot chocolate. I mean, after all:
Everyone loves chocolate, and almost every woman I know loves both chocolate AND wine, so why not pair the two for a night out in front of the fireplace?
RED WINE HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cup organic whole milk, grassfed if possible
- 1 cup of your favorite red wine
- 1/3 cup powdered dutched cocoa
- 1 carton Heavy whipping cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine milk and cocoa.
- Whisk until smooth and creamy
- Pour in red wine and heat.
- Pour into 2 mugs or 6-8 smaller glasses
- Blend heavy cream with 2-4 tbsp organic raw cane sugar or coconut sugar until thickened and top your glass off with a slice of heaven!
MAKES 2 MUGS OR 6-8 SMALL GLASSES
Adapted from a recipe by Kylie Held Mitchell